Doncaster Primary uses the Victorian Curriculum in the planning and assessment of all curriculum programs.
The Victorian Curriculum F–10 sets out what every student should learn during their first eleven years of schooling. The curriculum is the common set of knowledge and skills required by students for life-long learning, social development and active and informed citizenship.
The Victorian Curriculum F–10 incorporates the Australian Curriculum and reflects Victorian priorities and standards.
For more information please visit the Victorian Curriculum website.
At Doncaster Primary School all of our teachers plan together to deliver exemplary teaching programs that challenge, engage and motivate their students.
At all times the teachers:
- Provide an engaging, stimulating and challenging learning environment through a ‘Thematic’ approach to curriculum development
- Have consistent whole school teaching and learning practices
- Plan lessons where individual students achieve success through differentiated teaching and learning opportunities.
- Empower students to be intrinsically motivated and autonomous learners
- Embrace the belief that all students can learn and empower students to take responsibility for their learning
- Acknowledge the importance and impact of all aspects of our school environment on educational outcomes for students and their personal growth
- Embrace individuality and foster inclusiveness in a safe environment